Monday, March 16, 2009

Signings and talks and that there stuff

I did a signing on Saturday that went very well. I sold a LOT of books, saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while (Hi, Bill, Jane, Gina, Dan, Lou, and Judy!), and met new people who hadn't read my work before but read about me in the newspaper (first time that's ever happened), and people from my mailing list who actually showed up.

Wow! I are impressed.

Oddly enough, the four people who assured me they would show up -- didn't.

That kind of bummed me, because I was looking forward to seeing them, but two of them had a good excuse: sitting in the ER for hours and hours on end. Whoa! Take care of yourself -- and don't worry about me. The other two ... hmmm....

Having a good "event" feels really good. Having a bad event feels really BAD. It stays with you for days. It keeps you from working, or at least accomplishing much. (At least for me.)

This week (and next) I'll be meeting with reader groups. Oddly enough, it's not the new book(s) they want to talk/hear about. Tomorrow I'll be talking about Dead In Red. Next Monday, I'll be talking about Murder on the Mind. Go figure! I don't care -- I'm game. Actually, I care very deeply. I want to keep that series alive. Hard to do when one of the books is out of print. I still haven't heard about the third book in the series and I have very few nails left to bite.

That said, I'm looking forward to talking to the reader groups. I'll be meeting new people who'll hopefully try my other books.
Crossed fingers
At least, I'm crossing my fingers they will.