Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Where has my book been?

Today on the Lipstick Chronicles, my friend Elaine Viets (who writes the wonderful Dead-End Job Mysteries and the Josie Marcus Mystery Shopper series) blogs about how her books have been found in exotic places, while she's chained to her desk writing the next one.

*Sigh* Boy can I identify with that.

Elaine's holding a contest to find out where her books have been found (or are going on vacation.)

Bookplate.smWhat a cool contest.  Why can't I think of stuff like that?  I've already given away all my bound galleys for Bookplate Special (remember that contest I held last month?).  And as it happens, Elaine's next book comes out on the very same day as mine.  (Her's is called The Fashion Hound Murders -- mine is Bookplate Special.  (Hey, it's my blog--I can put up my book's picture.))

Okay, it's not exactly the first time an author has asked for pictures of where people found or took their books.  Tess Gerritsen and lots of others have done the same thing.  What's is cool is where people find the books.  I've received e-mails from people in England, Australia, and Canada, which is pretty cool, and unlike Elaine, my books have NOT (yet?) been translated to Japanese and other languages.  (That means I have a goal, right?)

So while I can't bribe anyone (at least this time around) to tell me (or better yet, show me with a picture) where they found or took my book, it would still be cool to know.

(Hint, hint.)