Monday, December 14, 2009

You Should Shop There!

The Book Shoppe Yesterday I spent a wonderful two hours in an independent bookstore in Medina, NY. It's called The Book Shoppe. Owner Sue Phillips and her assistant Robin made me feel so welcome. Not only did they have a table full of books for me to sign, but they had cookies and coffee waiting for me and the customers. (I'm not a coffee drinker, but the aroma was heavenly, and on a cold December Sunday, very welcoming.)

The store itself is not only beautiful, and filled with wonderful books, stationery, mugs, cards, candy and lots, lots more. And their children's section is phenomenal.

In between customers, Sue and Robin graciously answered my questions about running a small bookstore, and I gained more than a few ideas to incorporate into future Booktown Mysteries.

If you're ever in Western New York, stop in picturesque Medina, and definitely check out The Book Shoppe.