Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I've finally Made It!

Last week (or so?  I've got a memory like a sieve), I wrote about Christmas gifts and how my brother always gets me "good stuff."

Yesterday, I got an IM from him saying he'd left me a little present over at my mother's house.  (Mind you, I live only 7 houses away--he COULD have stopped over and brought it himself--but that's a rant for Pet Peeve Thursday.)

It was VERY COLD AND WINDY so I didn't make it down the road until six or seven hours later, and there on the rocking chair sat my present, still in it's cardboard shipping box.  To tell you the truth, I'd actually forgotten about the present until my mother handed it to me.  "Oh, I thought this was for YOU."

So, I open it up and inside, nestled against the cardboard packaging is...

(DRUM ROLL HERE)

A roll of yellow crime tape.

I laughed so hard!

My brother has never taken my writing all that seriously--not even when I dedicated my first book to him, but I guess he "gets it" after all.

Yup, I've finally made it.

8 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! Crime tape! What a hoot!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's like the perfect gift only a brother would give.

    Love it.

    Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Neat-o. I like it.

    I have had so much grading and interruptions, but I am FINALLY going to finish "Bookmarked for Death" this week. The story is sticking in my head and I am so impatient, I want to find out what happens!! And, I want to move on to "Bookplate Special"--after all, we already know I've made the potato leek soup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of frozen leeks (I picked them myself!) but still have a vat of turkey soup to eat before I can have potato leek soup again--but now that you've mentioned it, I WANT IT!!!

    Hope you enjoy the rest of Bookmarked for Death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, now you're going to have to get the SECOND kind of crime scene tape -- apparently it's blue & white & used by the NYPD to keep looky-lous of the POLICE kind out of crime scenes! There was an article on this in the NY Daily News a couple of weeks ago. At some major news/celebrity crime scenes, it seems that some police officers NOT involved in the crime are schlepping thru the scene, contaminating, destroying, or even removing evidence to keep as souvenirs! So they now have special blue & white tape to keep their own (uninvolved) officers out! (On top of the usual yellow & black crime scene tape.)

    By the way, your brother is a genius! (Probably runs in the family!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What creativity. That is just a hoot! Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete