Monday, March 8, 2010

And I'll leave them with a parting gift . . .

Two summers ago, I happened upon a yard sale.  It must have been an estate sale, because it seemed like everything in the house had been dumped into the yard.  I got some fabulous stuff . . . most of which I can't even remember anymore.  The owner (dead or alive) must have been a crafter who smelled nice (there was an entire garage filled with just Avon stuff).

Bookmarks2 One of the things I bought was a stack of 150 flat, brown paper bags (6 x 9).  Hey, says I, I'll bet I can use these for something!  What I came up with, was an idea to hand out a bag full of bookmarks and postcards at the Holiday Craft Shows I do in November and December.  The first year, I had about 6 or 7 bookmarks.  This past year, I had about 10.  Readers LOVE them!  (Booksellers are ecstatic!  Because they hope readers will ask them to ORDER the books they don't have in stock!)

I've restocked on goodie bags, and have a talk/signing on Wednesday, so I spent the weekend putting together 50 Goodie bags.  (I was told there would be at least 35 at the talk, and I'm being optimistic and hoping for more.)  Wow!  I hope to knock the socks off my audience with my giveaway.  Here's the line up of authors who have donated a bookmark, postcard, or recipe card for my goodie bags.

Tiny CC_Bookmark Deb Baker
Lisa Bork
Jeffrey Cohan
Meredith Cole
Kate Collins
Cozy Chicks
Elizabeth Spann Craig
Krista Davis
Hannah Dennison
Julie Hyzy
Sandra Parshall
Maggie Sefton
Jennifer Stanley
Leann Sweeney
Wendy Lyn Watson
Heather Webber

Oh, yeah, and LLBartlett and Lorna Barrett have a few in there, too.

Bookmarks1 These ladies READ.  Let's hope they read my friends' books, too!
(Hey, and if you haven't given their books a try--why not?)