Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Doesn't everybody need cowboy stamps?

Usps Maybe it's because it was winter and cold and miserable out, but I finally decided that if I had stuff to mail out, and it wasn't over 13 ounces, why in God's name was I driving all the way to the Post Office all the time?  That's when I decided to buy stamps online.

That may have been an expensive mistake.  You see, I'm not just buying a couple of stamps here and there, I'm buying $50+ worth of stamps at a time.  Who knew they had big horn sheep stamps in a 17 cent denomination?  Shouldn't everyone have 17 cent stamps hanging around?  How about those Edgar Allan Poe stamps?  When I send out bookplates or bookmarks, I like to have Poe on my envelope.  My local Postmaster told me--all gone.  Never to be seen again.  Not so.  I've bought and used sheets and sheets of them.  (And, I just ordered more yesterday.)

Cowboy stamps I'm in the middle of a very big mailing project.  Thousands of bookmarks to booksellers, mostly in packages of 25.  That's a lot of stamps.  I ordered $1 stamps; 75 cent stamps; 10 cent stamps; 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 cent stamps.  And then, what the heck, more Edgar Allan Poe 42 cent stamps, plus Cowboy stamps.  (Doesn't everybody need Cowboy stamps?  I do--and I have a feeling I'll be buying a LOT more of these.  Hmm...shouldn't they do a Bonanza stamp now that the four stars are all deceased?  Boy, would I buy a lot of THOSE!)

My friend author Leann Sweeney uses Click and Ship a LOT.  I'd like to use it, too, but it seems like I mostly send out first class packages, not Priority--and yet, I'm sure I've seen the same "postage" put on envelopes for Media Mail.  Hmm ... more investigation must be done.

In the meantime, I'll be happily anticipating my next shipment of stamps from the P.O. and glad that my trek to the mailbox is only down the length of my driveway.

So, are there cowboy stamps in your future?