Thursday, March 18, 2010

Time for a purge?

It seems like we have a million pens in this house.  You'd think at least a tiny portion of them would actually work. 

I've been collecting pens and pencils for years and have a few that seem to work.  In fact, some of these pens are really old (in pen life).  I have to hold onto them because the new ones seem to work a time or two and then poop out.

A few years ago, I discovered the gel pen.  Whoa!  Nice--and in great colors.  I liked them so much I bought a set of them in about 48 colors.  I let them sit for a few weeks and lost the receipt.  Do you know that NOT ONE OF THEM WORKED!!!

LLBs pens I've got mugs of pens scattered around the house (four of them in my office alone) and do you know that if I grab any pen in those mugs they probably won't work.  They worked the time before, that's why they're there--but the next time.  Nope, won't work.

The thing is, I always have hope that they WILL work.  I love them.  I want them to work.  When they don't, I take it rather personally.  
I've decided I need to do something about it.  Have a thorough pen purge.

Gulp.  

Now, to find the courage to do it.

And what's bugging YOU today?

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with pens. I collect them looking for that perfect pen that will fit my hand just right and have a beautiful flowing line when I write. The only time I can actually throw a pen away is when the ink leaks all over me and whatever I'm doing. I even keep the ones that don't write thinking I'll replace the ink in them sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad part is that a few days after you toss the pens, you'll be looking for that exact pen that you just toss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know EXACTLY how you feel! I love pens and hate when they won't write. But I am trying to remind myself to throw it away if it doesn't write; it's not going to come to life again, sadly.

    ReplyDelete