Monday, April 5, 2010

Random Events in My Life

Today I'm going to steal one of my friend Heather Webber's tricks when she runs thin on blog topics.  (BTW, if you haven't visited her blog, find it here.)  She calls those her Bullet Points posts because they're just things that are happening in her life that aren't necessarily connected, and in no particular order.
  • My former writing partner and I have decided to put up two non-fiction (and very short) titles on Kindle and Smashwords.  I'm in charge of that little operation.  As I have a book to deliver in June, I won't have time to do it until then.  (Stay tuned.)
  • Tiny CC_Bookmark The Cozy Chicks bookmark giveaways have me constantly signing bookmarks.  This is good--we're getting our names out there.  (But it's also a tad time consuming.)  Our Cozy Chicks bookmarks have been across the country several times visiting each of us for a while, and then being forwarded to someone else.  (They're actually doing more traveling than Maggie Sefton, and that's saying something!) 
  • I got the latest Celtic Woman CD "Songs From The Heart" and don't like it as well as "New Journey."  I might just need to get used to it.
  • I spent the weekend looking up library addresses and currently have 220 postcards labeled, signed, stamped, and ready to mail for the large-print edition of Bookplate Special.  (Both Barnes & Noble and Amazon have it on pre-order sale.)
  • It was too HOT (we're talking 90) to plant my snow peas over the weekend.  I hope to do it this morning before the rain hits.
  • Yesterday I rescued two toads (one of them VERY NOISY) from the top of the pool cover.  They weren't at risk of drowning, but couldn't figure out how to get out.  (They do, after all, only have tiny brains.)
  • My uncle died on Saturday.  I only met him once.  I feel sad, and sadder yet that I couldn't have known him better.
  • Bill the cat It's shedding season, and the cats are coughing up hairballs at alarming rates.  Hubby's new knee won't let him bend to clean them up.  Guess who gets to do it all?  ("I love cats.  I love cats.  I love cats.  I love cats.  I love cats....)
  • Looks like my transplanted rhododendron is going to burst into flower in a couple of weeks from now.  (Whew!)
  • The new (small) chest freezer gets delivered tomorrow.  I told the salesman I just bought a fridge in February and the freezer is too small.  He nodded and said, "Side-by-side?  Because we're selling a lot of these babies to new fridge owners."  I said no, but that my freezer was microscopic.  So much for Energy Star if everybody and their brother buys a new fridge and then needs an auxiliary freezer.
What's been happening in your world?