Saturday, May 8, 2010

Now Available . . .

Hey, I'm on Smashwords!


Now there's a sentence that would seem to get one some real attention. The question is: will it?


Kindle.motm.SM But the awful truth is that yes, I have uploaded Murder On The Mind, Cold Case, and Abused, A Daughter's story to Smashwords under the L.L. Bartlett name, and What I did For Love and Only Skin Deep under my Lorraine Bartlett name.  And as of June 1st, I'll upload We're So Sorry, Uncle Albert.  (That's when the rights revert to me.)  Now my work is available to just about every e reader on the planet.  (Go forth, little stories, and find faithful readers!)
I've had a lot of fun and quite the learning experience getting the book and these short stories up on Kindle and Smashwords.  And I'm not done yet.  I decided that since it looked like no publisher was going to pick up the rest of the Jeff Resnick mysteries, that e publishing was the way to go.  The third book in the series, CHEATED BY DEATH, is currently being edited.  Once that's done, I'll upload it, too.  In the meantime, I'll be designing the cover.  (Also fun!)

I'm pleased that readers will be able to sample stories under the Lorraine moniker before A Crafty Killing, the first in the Victoria Square Mysteries, comes out next February.  (Kind of like a test run for the name, eh?)

And now, back to my work in progress.  But you feel free to relax.  Maybe download a story or two?  I won't mind.