Monday, April 4, 2011

Another Jeff Does Well

Jeff-sluman-small-poster25 I don't play golf.  I don't watch it.  I know very little about it, but I track the winnings of Champions Tour player Jeff Sluman.

Now why would I do that, you might ask?

Well, Jeff's a local boy and I like to see local people do well.

For years Mr. L would tell me on Monday mornings how Jeff did the previous day at a golf match.  Sometimes he won a lot, sometimes he didn't.  This year I decided to chart Jeff and compare his earnings to Tiger Woods's earnings.

So far this year, Jeff is wayyyyyyy ahead of Tiger.

Jeff has played 5 matches (and he just missed winning yesterday's Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic.  (He'd been in the lead all weekend and we were rooting for him.)  So far this year Tiger has played three matches.  (And got fined $10,000 for spitting on the course.  Ick!)

Jeff's winnings            Tiger's winnings
$421,373                     $197,241

Okay, Jeff has had to play two more matches, and the purse is always lower on the Champions Tour -- but who's having the better year?  Slow and steady or Flash and spit?

Go, Jeff, go!

I'm hoping Jeff makes in excess of $5,000,000 before the end of the tour.  But even if he doesn't, I love seeing him do well.  (Well, not on TV or anything, just in the newspaper.)

(Um...maybe I have a preference for the name Jeff, too.  Ya think?)