Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another piece of technology goes in the drawer

I am not one to embrace new technology until it has become tried and true.  I do have a cell phone, but by the time I get it out of my purse and open it up, I've missed the call, and then I don't know how to get the number for the call I missed.

I have a Kindle, but I don't know how to change the font size, or make it talk, or even how to get to page 2 of my list of books.  (Maybe I'll read the instruction book . . . some day.)

Sandisk-sansa-m250-2gb My brother gave me an MP3 player about a month ago, and we finally had time to get together so he could show me how to load music to it.  Great little player, or it was.  It worked yesterday, but today I can't turn it on.

*Sigh*

I didn't buy myself one because I figured I wouldn't like the ear buds.  Guess what, I was right.  See, I have a little head.  Yeah, yeah, laugh.  Go on, I know you want to.  My dentist even laughs at my teeth.  ("Hee-hee, you have little teeth.")  Yeah, well, I have little ears and the ear buds are just too damn big.  I can wear them for about ten minutes and then they HURT.  So, unless I buy something to adapt the player to something else, like my stereo, I can't see that it will be of much use to me.  Besides, wearing earphones for years has probably already damaged my hearing.

Into the drawer it goes.

So, what piece of technology are YOU avoiding?