Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And the beat goes on . . .

Did it ever seem to you that life is getting away from you because you do too much ...?

I had a few days off at the end of January and came home refreshed and raring to go.  No sooner had I returned when I was feeling pretty burned out. I'm still feeling pretty burned out and I'm not getting nearly enough written.  While I was gone, I wrote up a storm.  Since I got home ... not so much.

Sears trashcansAnd now our garbage men have decided to change the time they pick up our trash.  They used to come at 3 pm.  Suddenly, they come before 7.  We didn't figure that out for TWO WEEKS.  That's a lot of trash piling up.

My energy efficient washing machine doesn't clean our clothes very well.  And although I use liquid detergent that's made for dark clothes, my dark clothes come out with white spots that look like undissolved powdered detergent.  I have to wash them over again and hope that the next time it's something else that comes out with the white spots.  I'm ready to trash this machine and buy a non-energy efficient machine just so I don't have to keep washing my clothes over and over again so I can actually wear them.

Working_What are we supposed to do with finicky cats?  Since we lost our Bonnie back in November, we still put the same amount of wet cat food down for each kitty meal.  Why?  Because they won't eat something that sat in the fridge.  Most days they won't eat the fresh stuff, either.  All three show up, but at least two of them sniff the food and walk away.  It's insulting when you've gone to all that trouble to open the can, scrape out all the gravy (because that's all they really want anyway), put it in clean bowls, set it on the floor and then fill the water dishes (which they won't drink out of--they prefer the dripping bathroom sink).
The list goes on and on.

What's getting in the way of you enjoying life?
.

3 comments:

  1. I have 2 Cats and they like moving water so we have a pet water fountain. They both love it and drink water from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked, "What's getting in the way of you enjoying life?" For one, my diabetic, geriatric cat is refusing to eat after bouncing back from death's door only a month ago. I fear she won't be with me much longer and this makes me sad. Another biggie is reading reports that this or that causes this or that disorder or disease. I read an article today about Monsanto using Roundup to control weeds and thereby causing a slew of health problems including obesity and mental illness. I suppose you could say, having something or someone to blame for my obesity should improve my mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely understand about finicky cats. I have two of my own, plus a foster & 4 ferals. The ferals are not real picky (although I've tried some cheap food that they wouldn't eat unless I mixed it with something else), and the foster will eat anything and everything. My cats...not so much. Like your's, they want only the gravy, so I scoop that out first. My female will sometimes eat a teaspoon of gravy, sometimes nothing (just dry later in the day). My male will eat all the gravy and some of the food (if I chop it up - won't eat the "shreds"). He is a slow eater and would prefer to come back later to eat more, but the foster will eat anything that's left over, so I have to stand there and wait until my cats signal they're through (usually by trying to bury the dish with a rug or towel). Why do we cater to them so much? Would we let kids get away with being that finicky? I dont' know - I just know that I love them to pieces so I continue to let them rule my life. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete