Thursday, May 17, 2012

Is Tai Chi For Me?

Boy am I stressed out.  I thought once I handed in my (overdue) manuscript that things would magically smooth out.  But then we had a guest come, which means cleaning the house from top to bottom, and put on a big holiday dinner, and then I got a couple of nasty "fan" letters. So instead of mellowiing out, my nerves are taut and about ready to snap.

Tai chi for beginnersYesterday I ordered a tai chi DVD.  I've been thinking about this for a long time.  I like the idea of slow, measured moves that are supposed to bring tranquility.  I hope that if I jump off the Internet and do the moves before breakfast, I will have a much more peaceful and focused day.

Anybody out there do tai chi?  And if so, what were your results?

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear there are "fans" who don't appreciate your talent. Don't let it get to you too bad, you have way many more happy fans than nonfans, me being one of your biggest. As for tai chi, I tried it at the Y a few years ago and loved it. IT's like a slow-mo dance of such. Very relaxing. Let me know if you like the dvd, I might order one. Remember nonfans...bad, happy fans....good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have WAY more fans than non-fans! As much as we want everyone to like us, not everyone does!

    I haven't tried Tai Chi but I do yoga and especially LOVE Yin Yoga for unwinding!!

    http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Stretch-Yoga-Mimi-Solaire/dp/B001JT6Y8S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337285736&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo Hiss to unfans who write nasty letters. Ignor them.

    I've never tried Tai Chi but I hope you'll post your thoughts after you've been into it for a bit. I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete