Monday, June 18, 2012

Maybe I SHOULD wear neon green nail polish ...

The last time I got my haircut, the stylist asked, "Do you want me to cut the front to frame your face?"  Hmm...doesn't Jennifer Aniston have her hair framing her face, and doesn't she (always) look (incredibly) cute.  "Sure," I said.

Big Mistake.

Do you think Jennifer spends 90% of her time wearing a pony tail?  I'll bet not.  Guess what?  I do.  It's a lot cooler when there's no hair hanging on your neck, and it's out of your way so you don't end up with it in your mouth on a windy day.

Bobby pinsSo I dug through the bathroom closet and found my bobby pins.  Just one thing.  I've changed my hair color.  I'm no longer dark brown. (Hey, the package said lightest golden brown, but it always looked DARK on me.)  I'm now a kind of a redhead (moving to strawberry blonde).  That means black bobby pins looks STOOOPID with reddish hair.

Neon green nail polishOff to the store I went.  Don't you just love going to the hair products aisle.  Man, if I was a kid, I'd be buying colorful scrunchies, headbands, pink barrettes, and all kinds of stuff.  But that day I just settled on bobby pins.  Don't tempt me with the nail polish aisle, either.  Although the last time I looked, they were featuring neon green nail polish.  I guess I'm a little too conservative for that.  White, pink, and maybe silver is about as adventurous as I go.

What have you bought lately from the grocery store hair aisle?