Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Absent Without Leave!

AwolDid you notice I've been AWOL for a while?  First of all, I was sick.  For about a month.  Then I went on vacation, where I spent most of my time writing.  (What a great vacation!  While everyone else was sitting in the sun reading, I like to think I was writing what they'll read on their NEXT vacation.) I also went to a writers conference where I learned a lot, and I've been trying to use what I learned to help me reach the next tier.

What's the next tier?  I'm not sure myself, but I know I'm not there yet.

ToblogornotWhile I was away, I contemplated the fate of this blog.  It seems that industry professionals (editors, agents, etc.) think a blog is a great idea. It keeps your name out there during the l-o-n-g months when you don't have a new book out there. Meanwhile authors don't believe they help your career much, and suck away your creative juices.  I can vouch for that.  I've been blogging for seven years now and I can't say that that's where people find me or my books.

I'm stubborn.  I'm not yet ready to give it up. But I've also decided to cut myself some slack and not try to post every weekday as I have in the past. I'm going to try for at least twice a week, and I'm not certain what days I'll pick.  One thing is for certain, it won't be Fridays.  I post with the Cozy Chicks on Fridays and I get about doube the hits with those posts that I get on my own blog.   : (

I'd like to institute something new on the blog: spreading the word about free or reduced priced ebooks by my friends.  Hey, we all need to keep those to-be-read lists full, right?
Truth or dareToday I'm plugging a YA story Truth or Dare by my pal Peg Cochran. It's currently 99 cents:  Here's the blurb:

Four girls. One summer. And a game of truth or dare gone horribly wrong.

When new girl Rivka Polsky begins dating Pamela Miller’s brother, Pamela is afraid he will spill their deepest, darkest secret. And then everyone will know. She’ll do anything to prevent that. Pamela lures Rivka into her inner circle of friends and their games of truth or dare which they have been playing since kindergarten. But the stakes are considerably higher now, and one hot summer night the game spirals out of control and nearly ends in tragedy.

So ... I'm back.

Did you miss me?