Monday, December 3, 2012

Time to bake?

Saturday I made a HUGE batch of cookie dough for cut-out cookies.  By the time I'd done that, I was too worn out to actually spent another couple of hours BAKING the cookies.  Okay, baking doesn't take all that much time.  It's the cutting out and trying to get the cookies onto the cookie sheet without mushing them that takes the time.  I'm saving that for later this week.

Mr. L has already given me a list of holiday treats he's eager for.  Some of them don't take much time, and some of them do.  (I must admit, I like the ones that DON'T take much time.)
Icing pen
BTW, I got a great little cookie decorating tool at the grocery store the other day.  (Okay, I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm anticipating it'll be a great little cookie decorating tool.)  The E-Z Deco icing pen.  I've never been able to draw a straight line with a pastry bag, and I'm hoping this little gadget does the trick.  I'll let you know.

But for now, I have to figure out when the best time will be for baking the cookies.  This week is booked pretty tight, and I'm already behind on my self-imposed writing schedule.  This time of year is just so busy ... even if all I seem to do is spin my wheels.

On tap for tonight:  decorating the tree.

Where are you in your countdown to the holidays?
.