Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hit the road and listen to the Booktown Mysteries!

It seems like the author is always the last to know -- that's how I felt over the weekend when I got a Facebook message from one of my readers congratulating me for the continuation of the Booktown Mystery series in audio.

Hal Shelf Audible-smNo, way, I thought. I was told unless sales improved that it wasn't likely to happen. And from the looks of my last royalty statement, I was pretty sure that was still true. But no--I checked the website and sure enough, there were Murder On The Half Shelf, Not The Killing Type, and Book Clubbed, all available for preorder and with a new narrator. And good news for those who don't like downloading to an MP3 player -- they'll all be available in CD format.

I know most people order their audio books from Audible or Amazon, but so far only Murder On The Half Shelf is listed (and, for preorders, it's for sale at half price for the MP3 version from the publisher, Tantor Media, and discounted 25% for the CD version). It'll be released on April 2nd. Not the Killing Type will be released on April 14th, so maybe it'll show up two weeks before release day.  Book Clubbed will be released the same day as the hardcover and ebook versions (July 1st).

I was lucky enough to get an author copy of of the previous books, but don't know if I will get copies of these. (And I'd sure like them in CD format because my MP3 player got screwed up.  Don't ask!)  Meanwhile, I'll be very interested to hear what my listeners think of these new books.

So, do YOU listen to audiobooks?



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy audio books--and yes, I get mine from Audible. I have an audio book that I listen too everyday, and a book that I am reading everyday. Really find that the experiences are different but both are thoroughly enjoyable!! Ronnalord(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I love audio books. They've become my format of choice, (although I usually also get the same books in Kindle format). Since I put them on my Kindle and my iPod, I prefer to use Audible. It automatically downloads to my Kindle, Media Player, and iTunes, and because it is an Amazon company, I can use my Amazon account to pay for any books that I don't use credits for.

    I started getting audio books because of vision problems, but the biggest draw for me right now is that I can still enjoy books when I'm too busy to sit down and read. My life is so hectic right now that finding a block of time to just sit and read is not going to happen. With audio books I can listen while I'm doing other things. Plus, I also listen to them in the car. I do a lot of driving, and it makes the trips seem much shorter. I plug my iPod in and listen through the car speakers.

    I'm really glad that the rest of the Booktown series are going to be in audio. I've got the first 5, preordered #6 and will watch for the next two. I hope that they end up putting the rest of the Jeff Resnick books in audio as well. I enjoyed the first 3. I'm looking forward to more of my favorite authors putting their books in audio. Right now I have around 60 books, but I've listened to all of them at least once.

    ReplyDelete