Friday, August 5, 2016

Meet Edgar!

I finally found a way to get on Twitter and make it work for me.  It's an application called Meet Edgar (MeetEdgar.com), For a monthly fee, I can schedule up to 1000 different tweets. Since I like to post graphics with my tweets, it's taken me several months to approach 600 tweets, but I'm getting there. It was pretty time-consuming to set up so many, but it's like a revolving door. I've scheduled them to post throughout the day and night while I'm busy doing other things. I have say 50-60 tweets per category and hope to put up more as I think of them.

I post as all my author names, plus for the Cozy Chicks, which has proven to give me a lot more visibility. Win-Win situation. And because of Meet Edgar, I've seen an uptick in followers for all my categories/names.

Here's an example of one of my posts.


I still do the occasional manual tweet, but that might be only a couple of times a week.

I haven't found it as useful for Facebook--but only because FB will suppress a post with a link.  There are ways around it, but not using Meet Edgar, so I'll continue to just use it for Twitter.

In the meantime, I hope they're looking to connect with other social media -- like maybe Tumblr, Instagram, or Google+ -- that's on my wish list.