Monday, July 23, 2018

Is this some kind of message?

Last week, I stopped at a couple of garage sales on the way to the grocery store. At one, I saw a brass bracelet that made my heart stop because it looked so much like one my Dad had made for me when I was in college. Mine is in silver, the one I got today is in brass.



Dad often worked in brass, silver, and stainless steel. When I asked the woman where she got it, she said a cousin had given it to her. (I should have asked her who her cousin was.)

 Dad probably didn't make the brass one. He never sold his jewelry, just making it for family. And he went to several jewelry-making classes at the Memorial Art Gallery here in Rochester, so this could have been made by a fellow classmate.

 Still, the lady said to me, "Maybe this is a sign from your Dad. Maybe he's saying hello."

That night, in the middle of the night, there was a BIG crash in my office.  A plastic shoe box filled with office supplies that had been in my closet was spilled on the floor. It hadn't been teetering, so ... how did it end up on the floor?

Since then, it's been quiet. But ... was my Dad trying to get my attention?

 What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment