Friday, June 5, 2009

CALENDARS

I don't know about you, but I depend on Calendars to keep me going. Or at least to tell me where I need to be going.

Usually I get a wonderful calendar for my office. Something nice and BIG, with BIG squares I can write in. And the subject matter will be something very appealing. Last year it was teapots and tea parties. I've had cat calendars, Susan Branch calendars, even Harry Potter calendars. Nice Big Calendars.

Last Christmas, I got a small Harry Potter calendar. I knew it wasn't going to work. The date squares are dinky at best. (Nice pictures, though.) Unfortunately, I decided to wait until New Year's before I went out to look for a calendar. Of course, by then, only the dregs were left--stuff I couldn't bear the thought of looking at for the next twelve months. Ugly, ugly stuff. Like sports. Killing animals or fish.

I thought I'd try calendaring on AOL. But I keep forgetting to look there. I have a day planner, but I keep misplacing it.

Nope, I need a calendar on the wall. WITH BIG SQUARES.

They're starting to put out the calendars in places like Barnes & Noble and the craft stores (think Michaels). Should I pay full shot and guarantee that I get a calendar with big squares (and hopefully PRETTY), or wait and be disappointed once again.

Uh, I think this one is a no-brainer.

2 comments:

  1. Every year Disable American Vets and usually somebody else, sends me a calendar that shows the whole month with big squares for each day. I have one upstairs in the office and one downstairs in my kitchen. Every year I fill in all the important dates, birthdays, anniversaries, Investment club meeting days and conventions. Then I just add as I go along. But being able to look at the whole month is important and useful. I have one of those Hallmark books in my purse, but it's useless.
    I know people who use the computer, it could work if you put an icon on your desktop and then look at it first after booting up. Not me, my eyes want to flick to it without interupting whatever I'm doing. No moving around.
    Patg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer a wall calendar that I can see. I don't put dates in it. I use Microsoft Outlook for my dates since I'm on my computer all the time.

    I'd say get the calendar now if you see it. The new year is only 7 months away.

    ReplyDelete