Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FLOWERS IN THE GARDEN

I love my new camera. I've had it for about two months now, and I'm really getting back into the swing of taking it with me wherever I go--just to get a grab shot. (Like yesterday's pig pictures--yes, I only put one up, but I took a LOT more.) My camera holds over 300 pictures, but it always seems like I'm on the verge of a purge.

Violets I've taken a lot of pictures of the yard. I like this picture of violets. They're so delicate. Frank considers them a week, and yanks them out when he sees them, but I think they're pretty--at least when they're blooming.

Lilacs_2 The lilacs were particularly beautiful -- a MONTH AGO, but I never had an opportunity to show them off . . . until now. (Do you think I have a thing for purple flowers?) They smelled really nice, and Frank called his sister in Florida, who loves the scent of lilacs, to brag about it. Now they're gone, but we have our memories -- and pictures, too.