Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DISTRACTED

I've got a LOT on my mind.  So much, sometimes I think my brain is going to explode.

First off, the deadline to submit my next book is only FIVE WEEKS AWAY.  Actually, it's in pretty good shape, but pretty good is not good enough.  So I've got to really buckle down and polish, polish, polish.

Along with submitting the book, I have a synopsis to write for the fifth Booktown Mystery.  I think it's due 10 days before the 4th book is due.  But I lost my calendar, so now I have to dig up my contract and figure out where the clause is that tells me exactly what is due when.

I've got 5,000 bookmarks hanging around the office, waiting to be signed and mailed to booksellers across the US and Canada.  Do you know how long it takes to sign 5,000 bookmarks?  FOREVER!!!  But somehow it's got to be done.  Right now, I've got about 200 of them bundled in stacks of 25.  I've signed about 100 of them.  That means there's only 4,900 more to do.  Can you say WRITERS CRAMP?

I've got to nag Mr. L to: A) design postcards for Bookplate Special.  B) design a new cover for a short story I'm giving away at my "launch" for Bookplate Special.  (They'll only be available at my Rochester signings.)  Believe me, nagging is WORK!

My new website is about to go live.  I haven't even seen the whole thing yet, but it will probably be uploaded in the next few days.  When it is, I'll let you know.  BTW, I HAVE seen the front page, and I love it.  I'm very happy with what I've seen, and I recommend Glass Slipper Web Design.

I'm working on the next issue of my newsletter that will probably go out sometime next week.  In it, I'll announce the contest for three copies of the bound galley of Bookplate Special.  If you haven't signed up for my newsletter, please fill out the form on the left hand column of this blog.

In the middle of all this, we've had a family crisis, which I've been dealing with the best I can.  The "crisis" part is over, but the aftermath is still a part of my daily life and cuts into just about everything I do, which includes this blog.  (Hence, the sporadic posts.)  Hopefully, I'll find a way to better organize my time in the coming weeks and will get back into some kind of routine.  My eternal gratitude goes to everyone who's sent prayers and well wishes.  You guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment