Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Now, how do I do that?

Sunbeam toaster For several years now, we've had a digital camera. We love it! It's so easy. And we can crop the shots, dump the bad ones, and tweak those that are too dark or too light. (And doesn't everybody want to take a picture of their classic toaster?) But we haven't printed anything in years. So now we're in a quandary. Where do we get prints?

It seems to me that I remember buying prints online -- but I don't think I took them. I think they were in someone else's photo album and I just clicked on them, gave my credit card number, and voila! They arrived in the mail a few days later.

So how do I do them for myself? And how do I crop the pictures.

So now I have to go on a quest for new knowledge. It means slogging through web sites, uploading, cropping (again). Or do I take my flash drive to a store and they do it?

I don't miss the old days of film, but I do miss getting my prints.

2 comments:

  1. Do all your cropping, fixing, lightening or darkening, or whatever you need to do to make your pics how you want them. Put them on a flash drive, take it to your nearest Walgreens, CVS, or photo store & have them print them. OR, go to Walgreen.com & do it online. (The photos you upload should be already cropped, lightened, etc. There is an "editing" tool available, but it is primitive, to say the least.) You can then determine how many of each photo you want, what size, etc., give them your credit card #, and push the clicker. Most stores can have them in an hour. Or you can use Picasa (from Google) & I LOVE the organizer that comes w/a download of Picasa. Good price, too -- FREE! (The program, not the pictures. {grin})

    You don't really have to do much in the way of effort.

    Of course, there's a little-known company called KODAK that sells the most marvelous printer (truly!) & you could PRINT your pictures yourself, at home. Honest. I've had my Kodak printer for a year (got it last Christmas) and the quality of the photos I've printed on it are astounding. I've had HP Inkjets & Epson Photojets & this Kodak is the best. Also, the least expensive -- hands down -- for the ink, both color and black. You should give that company a try. {HUGE grin}

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, you've had MUCH better luck with your Kodak printer than I have. I'm about to toss it on the curb (literally--next garbage day) and buy another HP. I was told it was the greatest printer around (by the salesman at Best Buy), but it was a lemon from day one. He told me it had a great scanner, but the scans I've made are terrible. Truly, it's the last Kodak product I intend to ever buy.

    ReplyDelete