Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just right for a birthday

Birthday cake plate The other day I went to a garage sale that had so many wonderful dishes, I wish I had an old-fashioned pantry to keep them all in.  The fact that most of them were less than a dollar made them all the more appealing.


This one won my heart in an instant.  I'm not sure if it was the old-fashioned roses or the morning glories, but I had to have it.  And I decided that this plate would be perfect for a slice of birthday cake.  So, that's what I'm going to use it for.  Except, my birthday isn't for another few months.  So it will sit in my china cabinet in a place of honor just waiting for that day.


Isn't it gorgeous?

6 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty!

    I would have eaten my birthday chocolate cheesecake on it, this week, for sure! And a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the old-fashioned roses would do it for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it the Mad Hatter (or one of his tea-party cronies) who decided to celebrate an "Un-Birthday"? Why wait? Celebrate your Un-Birthday!!! Coconut cake (uh ... sorry, not my style, prefer spice cake) would look simply mah-velous on that plate!

    Thought about you today when I went Garage Sale snooping. Ended up with a terrific tripod (SLIK) & a bunch of 3-ring binders, a box of top-loading protective sheets, & some A-Z 3-ring dividers. The owner's late wife had been a professional photographer & I got all that for $12! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, great for birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Laurie, an un-birthday is in order. Start enjoying that plate now, it's a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete