Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I meant to write it down . . .

I'm a listmaker.  I have lists all around me.  Or at least I have Post-It notes here there and everywhere to remind me of things I want to remember.  Why?  Because I'm a scatterbrain.  My Dad used to say my head was filled with Tommyrot.  It's been proven that multi-tasking is a big waste of time and that you get less done when you're trying to do too many things at once.  Well, my brain likes to multitask and then I forget stuff.

The thing I seem to forget about the most is blog topics.  Oooh...I had a beauty all planned for today.  I thought about it while I was cutting up a cold roast chicken yesterday morning--to make chicken salad.  (I LOVE chicken salad.)  But my hands were all greasy, and then I had to wash
them, and get out the Mayo, and I figured I'd write it down as soon as I did that.

Well, I was also listening to a book on tape, so when I finished with the chicken and the mayo, I was so caught up in the story that I forgot to write down the blog topic.

And so today I'm writing about forgetting about what I wanted to write about.

I also leap out of my chair several times a day, charge across the house to do or get something, and then, because I'm thinking about three other things at the same time, get to my destination and wonder what the heck I wanted to do.

Multitasking?  Forgetaboutit.

How about you?

6 comments:

  1. I am not one of those people who loves lists, but lists are necessary at my age in order to get anything accomplished. Recently one of our Sisters in Crime did a great blog entry on making Ta-Da instead of To-Do lists... which I've posted on my blog if you're interested....
    http://patremick.blogspot.com
    It's a nice way to look at a necessary evil....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is I make a list and then lost it.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mason. I make the list and then forget where I put the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a grocery list, then go to the store and don't look at the list until I'm back in the car. I guess it's just there to tell me what I forgot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorna,
    I just this afternoon bought myself a lovely journal to keep my lists written in...I've added tabs to keep "books to read", "stuff to do", "stuff for Mr. Nanc to do". you get the idea...now to fingure how to keep it with me at all times!!
    I love the expression "Tommyrot"...wander what its origins are??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a list but sometimes I can't even read what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete