Friday, September 10, 2010

Goody Bags For All!

Anybody live in southern New Hampshire or northern Massachusetts?  If so, I hope you'll find your way to the Wadleigh Memorial Library in lovely Milford, NH.  I'll be speaking there tomorrow and signing books, courtesy of the Toadstool Bookstore.

Several years ago, a librarian acquaintance of mine suggested I contact the library's director to get some local color for my Booktown Mystery series.  After exchanging a few emails, Michele Sampson invited me to give a talk at the Wadleigh Library.  Since I had planned to go to Maine to meet the people who published my Jeff Resnick series, I readily agreed. 

Close_up_goody_bag I had a wonderful time, and was thoroughly shocked when about 35 people showed up to buy and have me sign copies of Murder is Binding.  Whoa!

With that in mind, this time I thought I'd bring along some Goody Bags.  So, with contributions from about 25 of my friends, I spent four hours the other day making them.  Aren't they cute?  I'll be giving them away tomorrow at the library.

Afterward (or maybe before), I'll be taking lots of pictures--more local color!

Anyway, I hope you can make it!

=========================
The Wadleigh Memorial Library
49 Nashua Street
Milford, NH  03055
11 a.m.

4 comments:

  1. Wish I lived close enough to go. Any chance you will ever be in Colorado?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, sure wish I could get up to New Hampshire. Would love to be at one of your meet-and-greets! Can you get down to the southern part of NY (or even -- dare I whine moanfully?) down to northern NJ?? Pretty please???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookwoman: The chances are very slim I will ever make it to the West Coast (or the Rockies). Why? I REFUSE to fly commercial. I've been encouraging my readers to tell my publisher to put me on a tour bus (like Willie Nelson, without the pot) and I'd gladly do a coast-to-coast tour. Until then...I'm sticking within driving distance.

    But fear not. Maggie Sefton lives in Coloarado and if we twist her arm hard enough, she might do goody bags.

    Laurie, if I can twist hubby's arm, we might well make it to Jersey to try to do a shore vacation. We tried it the year before we got married and his car died. We managed to give it CPR and it limped home--but we never did make it to Cape May. I never say never -- as long as it's within driving distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had every intention of getting there, but then woke up Saturday morning with a vicious migraine. I'm so sorry I missed your visit; I was really looking forward to it. Hope you'll come back soon!
    Linda R

    ReplyDelete