Monday, January 24, 2011

Nothing to worry about . . . NOT!

This blog post is late today because  . . . I spent a good chunk of this morning on a hunt for the missing checkbook.

It should have been in my purse.

It is not.

The I last time I saw it was almost a week ago when I did the grocery shopping -- and when I wrote the last check.

The grocery store says they didn't find it.


It's not in my car.

It's not in my coat pocket.

It's lost.

Again.

You see, I did the same thing about two years ago.

So far, Mr. L has not yelled at me.  (And he probably won't.)

I feel awful.  And it means a trip to the bank to cancel the checking account and open a new one.  (So far no one else has found it and forged a check.)

As my character Katie Bonner would say:  "Swell."

Have you ever lost something this important?

7 comments:

  1. I lost my debit card while moving back to Colorado Springs from Missouri. Fortunately, my bank is quick about canceling the old one and getting me a new one. I hope you find it before you head out to the bank, so you don't have to head out to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you youngsters loose things like that. I lost my debit card just before a trip and panicked. My bank was great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...do you use your own bags when you shop? Or do you take plastic? I take my own and on once occasion, dropped my checkbook into the bag inside of my purse. Somehow that board at the bottom shifted enough that my checkbook went UNDER it. But as they say, stuff happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do take my own bags and I've already looked. Now I'm wondering if I dropped it at the P.O., the craft store, K-Mart, or the hsspital on Friday. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your loss! I managed to misplace my whole billfold (ID, drivers' license, credit AND debit card). Nearly had a heart attack. Thank heaven my grocery store check-out person had found it and had turned it in to the store manager. Good outcome for me, so I hope the same can be said for you. Good luck in finding the checkbook! Call the managers at those stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one good news is that no checks have been cashed.

    I've lost my checkbook before and I do remember what a chore it was to cancel and open up a new one. This was before banks were electronically savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't written a check in months - perhaps I'd better check if I still have mine . . .
    Ann

    ReplyDelete