Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And our top story today is . . .

Weee!  I'm happy to say that A Crafty Killing is #5 on the Barnes & Noble mystery list, and #22 overall for mass market paperbacks!

Today I've been interviewed on the World of Books blog.  I hope you'll check it out.

That's the good news.  The bad news?  I was originally told that the second book in the Victoria Square Mystery series (The Walled Flower) would be published in February 2012.  Next I was told it had been moved to the Fall of 2011.  (Yay!)  Now I'm told it's back to Febrary 2012. (Boo!)

That's a LONG time for readers to wait.  So I've decided to write a short story set in between the 1st and 2nd books that I will give away free on  my web site.  I'm in deadline hell right now, so can't work on it until spring (which isn't all that far away--thank goodness).  I'll keep you posted.

In other news, after a two-month wait, I finally have new checks!  The checkbook I lost is still lost, however.

More snow on the way.

What's happening in your world?

6 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, writing a short story in between. Readers will be delighted!
    I see you're keeping warm in California...I'm getting ready to fly to Florida today. One week of wearing only one layer of clothing -- yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 is a lovely number! And the short story idea is perfect to ease the waiting time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your B&N placing. Does that mean there's still a chance your book can be on the NY Times list?

    Yay on the short story. Speaking of stories, any news on the next Jeff Resnick book?

    This morning when I left for work, it was 40 degrees. Of course, that darn weatherman keeps saying snow is coming. I don't like him much nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is an excellent book and I'm sure more good things are on the way. Love the idea of a short story to tie readers over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dru, there's a slim chance the book could hit the extended list. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    Right now I'm planning on working on the 4th Jeff book in early March (Holy Cow! That's only three weeks away!) It needs a slight rewrite before I can upload it. I also need to get a cover done and write up the description. That's about three weeks worth of work right there.

    I'm loathing our weathermen about now. I feel like Laura Ingles Wilder in "The Long Winter."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-HOO!! Congrats on A CRAFTY KILLING!! Will keep my fingers crossed it'll make the Times extended list.

    Sorry your publisher is jerking your chain, but a short story 'in between' sounds terrific & hearing another Jeff Resnick book is in the near future is TERRIFIC!

    Hang in there ... spring will (eventually) get here. In the meantime, load up on fish oil and sunlight light bulbs!

    ReplyDelete