Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To Chester's delight . . .

What does the Festival of Lights (Hanukkah) and my bowl of homegrown catnip have in common?

Both represent miracles.

Hanukkah legend has it that a lamp with enough oil to burn for one night, miraculously burned for eight.

Chester_in_bed My Tupperware bowl of catnip from last season should have been used up months ago, but there's just a little bit at the bottom, and no matter how much I give Chester, there always seems to be more.

Wha?

P.S.  Chester is in "watch him" mode.  He's better, but not quite 100%.  (Maybe 95%)  For now, we'll take it.

6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear Chester is doing better. We have one cat here that lives for his fresh catnip. I have to sprinkle it on a spot on the carpet in my computer room so he can roll around in it and eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that Chester is doing and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I stated before, Chester has no plans to leave this earth any time soon. Why should he when he has you and Mr.B as his protectors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at Chester. He looks sulky and adorable! Glad to hear he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better refill that bowl.. Chester is going to be around for a long time. (a very happy thing)

    ReplyDelete