Thursday, October 27, 2011

Witnessing a new low when grocery shopping

Yesterday I went grocery shopping . . . and saw a man in his PJs and robe.

YES--his PJs AND ROBE.  He was returning his empty pop and beer cans ... probably so he could buy more pop and beer.

This was at about 11 a.m., too.

And this guy wasn't a teen or college student. He was in his late 40s or early 50s.

What is wrong with people?

Heck, I don't even go shopping in shorts.

Have you ever seen those Walmart shopper pictures?  (He didn't look anywhere near as good looking as the guy above, either. He looked ... scruffy.  Hadn't shaved, etc.)

This guy was a candidate to join those shoppers.

What weirdness have you seen at the grocery store?
 .

5 comments:

  1. A few summers ago I spotted a woman grocery shopping in a tankini swimsuit. A tight tank top and "skirted" bottoms, basically a small flap of fabric attached to a bikini bottom. No cover up in sight. Let's just say she wasn't going to put any swimsuit models out of a job - and she was bending over to get something out of the bottom of her cart when I walked up behind her. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw a woman who lives near us in the grocery store one day last summer. She was loudly telling a friend something that should have been private between her and her husband. She was wearing a short, short dress that she doesn't have the figure for, and when we left she was leaning over the car trunk putting groceries into it - first car right in front of the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed at the number of people I see in our grocery store not wearing shoes.

    I've not seen anyone in PJs in the store but I did recently see a woman walking down the street in PJs, dressing gown and slippers - at 4pm in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. I first noticed this trend several years ago when I saw a woman wearing big, fuzzy slippers in a grocery store. Didn't seem very safe or sanitary.

    Not long after that, I saw two middle-aged women in pj's and robes in a Walgreens. At least it was nighttime.

    For a while, it wasn't uncommon at all to see people wearing pajama pants as if they were regular pants (and not just in grocery stores, either). I noticed some stores selling lots of pajama pants.

    I've seen hospital patients checking in wearing pajamas (a little more understandable), and I've seen adults boarding planes in pajamas.

    I think it's all pretty revolting. I consider myself an open-minded person, but the line must be drawn somewhere. I don't think Tricia Miles would approve, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once went to our corner shop in my pjs. I was ill with a bad cold and needed painkillers and tissues. I did wear a long coat and knee high boots to cover up the pjs though, so I think I got away with it.

    ReplyDelete