Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'm not just goofing off . . .

Where the heck have I been lately?  I used to be a very good girl and post every weekday.  Lately ... I've missed a few days here and there, and that makes me feel like I did in school when I didn't do my homework.

The truth is, times are tough.  I mean ... emotionally speaking.  I keep forgetting that not everyone who reads this blog also reads my weekly (Saturday) post on the Cozy Chicks. I sometimes save my big news for that post because, quite frankly, more people read that blog than this one.

Bonnie 3 6-08I had a roller coaster couple of weeks when one of our cats got sick and ... died.  I've been in a terrible place because of losing our dear sweet Bonnie.  (And you can read about her on Saturday's Cozy Chick post.)

The holiday (stressful) season has started.  At least this year I have no house guests.  (One brick off my shoulder.)  It's also Craft Show season.  As usual, I'm doing three this year ... and every year it gets harder.  I need to make a decision.  Do I keep doing these shows (which are a bear to prepare for and a bear to do--involving 6+ hours of standing on one's feet) or is it time to stop?

I have writing deadlines.  This is a constant.  I also have writing projects I'd love to be working on but can't because my time is limited.

And last of all ... it seems I've developed a couple of health (and yet more teeth) issues that need to be addressed.  My hope is that they can be controlled with meds ... but I'm just in the discovery phase (which is also the TERRIFYING phase).  The thing is ... how can you have health issues if you're not feeling lousy?  Go figure.  Still, it's stressful.

So please forgive me if I miss a few days on the blog here and there.
-----------------------------------------------------------
ResnickShotGlassLAST DAY TO ENTER THE JEFF RESNICK SHOT GLASS GIVE-AWAY.  Winners will be announced tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I am a reader of Cozy Chicks and this blog so I already knew about Bonnie. Still sad for you all the same. It is so hard to loose a feline. May you find peace and may your health issues be resolved with speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Lorraine. There really aren't words that can express the pain one feels from losing a loved one like that (I lost my sweet Maine Coon, Mittens, after 20 years together and 2 years later I still think of her). Your tribute was perfect, and it's obvious how happy you all were for so many years. My sweet Bella is curled in my lap, purring, right now and I'm so greatful for the love she and her brother bring to my life. When things are tough, a snuggle and a purr are the best medicine. I hope that Betsy doesn't feel the loss of her sister too strongly. Bonnie will be waiting patiently - happy and healthy - at the Rainbow Bridge. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about missing a few days here and there on the blog! We'd all rather have you writing books and/or novelettes than posting EVERY day. (Still like to hear from you occasionally, just to make sure you're OK!)

    Which leads me into the health issues. As one who's had her share of health issues in the past several years ... take care of them, listen to your health professionals, tell them your concerns, and take their advice and recommendations. Can be very depressing to have these issues, but try very hard to have a positive outlook. Strange as it sounds, that can truly affect your health. Please think positively.

    Snuggle with Betsy and the boys (NOT AT THE SAME TIME! )and talk to them about Bonnie. They miss her, too. And if you need a shoulder or a place to vent, call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you must definitely take care of your health issues. Still thinking about you and sending your positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your loss. It is such a hard thing to lose a pet. She'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. As for your craft shows, you have to decide if they are fun for you and if you still enjoy doing them or if they are just added stress. If you they are and you just feel obligated, then it is time to quit. Take care of yourself and keep writing! Can't wait for the next Booktown mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sorry to read about the loss of Bonnie, she's a family member and you need to grieve for her, so don't worry about missing a few days on your blog.

    I hope your health issues get sorted soon too. And then maybe you can relax and enjoy the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete