Monday, November 14, 2011

Recipes To Die For -- A Video!

Years ago I had stars in my eyes and went to Hollywood.  Okay, Santa Monica ... close enough.  I worked for a movie studio (20th Century Fox) in their Script Department. I wanted to learn to churn out scripts and make it big.

The only problem was, I soon learned that once you write and sell a script, it's no longer yours.  They can do anything they damn well please with your work and it won't resemble your original idea in the least.
Besides that, LA is a HUGE, impersonal, lonely place.  I didn't last long there and except for the first couple of weeks after leaving, I haven't regretted my decision to return to Western NY.  (And I've never been back . . . although I have been to northern California. Very nice!)

Things have changed.  Now you can make your own movies on your computer.  Well, I can't.  (I probably could if I had the patience to learn how.)  But my friend Ellery Adams can!  Over the weekend, we finished our third collaboration. A book trailer for Recipes to Die For: A Victoria Square Cookbook.

I came up with the pictures and the script.  Ellery tweaked the script (she's marvelous that way), put the pictures together, with the text, and picked out two different soundtracks.  I chose the jazz piano one because I really like piano music.  (Wish I could've learned to sight read . . . )

Anyway, here's the finished product.



So, do you like it?

BTW, RECIPES TO DIE FOR is available in print and for all ebook formats.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Ellery is a very talented lady and the two of you make a great team. The recipe book is awesome. I've already tried out some of the recipes and enjoyed the narratives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your trailers just keep getting better and better! Very professional yet it pulls the viewer in and feels homey, too. (That's 'homey' in a VERY good way!) Certainly makes ME want to visit Victoria Square! (When's the next bus leave?) The two of you are very nearly the equal of Spielberg & Williams! :-) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete