Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pet Peeve Thursday: We don't carry that

A lot of stores lament the fact that people come in, check out their merchandise, and then go online to buy (and usually cheaper).  A lot of stores are going out of business because of this.

I'll tell you why.

I need tall jeans.  I can't buy them in the stores.  At least not tall jeans that aren't low-riding.  I can only buy them online.

I recently tried to buy a pair of sneakers at a local store.
"Sorry, we don't carry your size."  Why?  Because it was wide?

At another store, I tried to buy a pair of winter boots.  "Sorry, we don't carry that size."  (Again with the wide.  Must be all those years of going barefoot and wearing flip flops.

I had to go online to buy all three items.  (Of course, in the last two instances, I just went to their own websites.)

I know it's expensive to carry one (or more) of everything, but if a store won't carry what I (or anyone else needs) is it any wonder they're going out of business like crazy?
.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes!! I, too, wear wide (and I mean WIDE) shoes. The only place I can get fit is at our local (thank goodness!) shoe store ... but only in New Balance sneakers. ::sigh:: but since I wear mostly sneakers, they've had my business for something like the last 10 years and over 5 pairs of shoes. But, woe betide me, if I try to get a pair of low heels for something kinda snazzy, like a Christmas party. No can do. Any wonder why I end up banging my head against the wall?

    I feel your pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I don't even bother going to the stores because they never have my size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally can "feel" your pain here! I have to have tall pants or the first time I was them they are too short! I don't wear wide shoes myself but my good friend does and my mother also does. I've been with both of them on frustrating shopping trips to come home with nothing! The shops should at least offer to order the product in your size at no cost so you could come to the store look it over and try it on. Some stores do have this practice and I frequent them often because I appreciate the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete