Friday, December 16, 2011

The wrapping paper is almost as important

The presentYesterday I received a lovely gift from a friend. Oooh!  I love receiving lovely gifts from friends. It came in a plain brown box, but inside was a lovely white box tied with a red ribbon.  You can't tell by the picture, but the paper was textured and there was a card taped under the ribbon.

I had lots of fun opening my gift and admiring it. But what I didn't at first notice was how much fun the wrapping paper was for three very nosy cats.

First Chester had to investigate, trying to dig a hole through the paper.  (He likes to do that on boxes, and in bed at night, too.)  Then Fred had to investigate what "the black cat did."  (Fred is the quintessential "copy cat."  Whatever Chester does, Fred has to do, too.  The box the gift came in was fully investigated, too.)

But it was our little princess Betsy who had the most fun.

Betsy2Betsy sat on the paper -- in at least a dozen poses. She sniffed it.  She peeked over the top.  She batted her paw at it.  She sat on it. She enjoyed it.

Therefore, this present was more than just a gift to me, it was the gift of fun for my cats.

You can't ask for better than that!

Do your pets get in the act when it comes to (wrapping and) unwrapping gifts?
.

4 comments:

  1. I am a book dealer. So,we do alot of shipping. Shipping means boxes. There is not a box that enters the house, that my Maine Coon and my Persian doesn't investigate. Depending on which one finds it first, the other has to check out what the other one has found. They will play for hours. If there are multiple boxes waiting to be filled it is like cat jack in the boxes! Out of one into another. Kitty playland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats love it! I have a maine coon and a siamese and they both accept like its christmas when I wrap presents and then when we unwrap on christmas day too. They like to get until the paper and chase the ribbons (and chew on them!)

    They have so much fun I rarely like to pack it all up and put it in the bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to say I don't have the patience to look around for all sorts of wrapping paper. I have a generic Chanukah one and another for Birthdays, and one for Anniversaries. I guess I'm just getting lazy in my old age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are so easy to please. I wish I'd be happy with just a box - LOL!

    ReplyDelete