Friday, May 11, 2012

Free at last ... sort of

MurderOnHalfShelf.medOkay, I'm not really free at last, but I did have a huge burdon of guilt lifted when I handed in the manuscript for THE CHAMBER PLOT, my title (which may not last when Marketing hears of it) for the 7th Booktown Mystery.  Can't tell you about it now.  I'll talk about it later this summer ... after Murder on the Half Shelf comes out.  (That's July 3rd for those of you who like to mark your calendars.

I must admit I dragged my feet a bit about finishing the book. There's a new character (who first shows up in Murder On The Half Shelf) that is such a delight to write, and I never know what's going to come out of her mouth next.  I'm looking forward to finding out what she'll be doing in the next book.

Speaking of which, during the next few months I'll be working on the 8th book in the series (no title yet), and on the 4th Victoria Square Mystery.  (No contract yet--but it's in the works.  Best to start now just in case I have to turn it in earlier than I thought.)  But honestly, first I'm taking the rest of the month off to do administrative stuff.  Like send out bookmarks to independent booksellers (and if you're one and would like some--please ask!), and get my postcards ready for readers and libraries.  This effort requires sitting for hours and hours on end sticking down labels and stamps -- usually in front of a TV set with DVDs.  Hey, it's a difficult job, but somebody has to do it, right?

BartlettL-PC-MOTHS-120223-frontWhere do I get my addresses from?  Why people who sign up for my e newsletter.  There's the option of adding your address, and if you do, you'll get a postcard.  Also, I'd love to know if there are libraries out there who would like to be notified of my new books, and/or if they would like signed bookmarks to hand out to patrons.  So if you haven't already signed up, do it now--there's a sign-up form right on this page--scroll down if you don't already see it.  (But look for a confirmation email to follow--it might end up in your spam folder. and, BTW, I don't share or sell addresses.)

Off to work.
.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being such an awesome author! You are always so in touch with your readers, it makes one feel like your best friend is writing the book. I think that is what make's all the cozy writers so special. They all take the time to interact with their readers. Can't wait for the new book! The Booktown mysteries are my favorite. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna,
    I'd love to have our library added to your postcard and autographed bookmark list. The only link I can find is for your newsletter which doesn't allow for the library info. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kim, just tell me the name of the library and town it's in here in a comment. I'll look up the address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorna,
    The library is:
    Roxbury Twp Public Library
    103 Main St
    Succasunna, NJ 07876

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading Murder on the Half Shelf and hope you can spend one of your days not doing administrative stuff.

    ReplyDelete