Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Visit my little container garden

Look what sprouted in my compost bucket!

IMG_2045

I hope it's a delicata squash. It could be a cucumber, but I don't usually seed my cukes, so crossing fingers it's delicata.

I bought one zucchini plant at the garden store and it's going to have a LOT of blossoms and already has one tiny zucchini.

Zucchini w arrow

My lettuce is going great guns.  The two largest plants in the middle of this next picture were self-seeded from last year. I planted two different types of lettuce, but they look pretty much alike to me.

IMG_2044

Next, all my crops:

Container crop

I've got green beans on the upper right (which will be wanting to climb any day now) and basil and curly parsley in the bottom right. Still hoping to plant some pea pods for stir fry later this month when I get some help with the veggie patch--and also a couple of tomato plants.
So far, I'm pretty happy with my little container garden.

What are you growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment