Monday, November 8, 2010

Not at a book club near you . . .

I've been told (and I guess my sales numbers back it up) that people love to read my Booktown Mysteries.  That makes me feel really good.

My friends tell me that lots of reader groups read their books.  That makes me frown in puzzlement.  I never (okay, almost never) hear from groups that have read or want to read my books.

I'd be happy to supply bookmarks for book groups, but I rarely get asked.  As you know, I don't travel by air, but through the miracle of telecommunications, I can "go" anywhere in the world.  I'd be glad to talk to book groups via conference call or Skype, but I never get asked to do that, either.

I wonder why?

3 comments:

  1. I think the whole book club thing is over-rated. I read lots of books, including yours, but I will not join a book club. My reading time is too precious to let someone else direct it.

    I have heard from friends that belong to book clubs that mysteries don't usually make for good conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's true. I have never put a book group discussion list together for any of my books -- mainly because I never knew what questions to ask. And, like you, I've never belonged to a book group. (Critique group, yes, book reading group, no.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone in Seattle? I would love to form a bookclub and we could read a Lorna book first!
    Anyone?.... Anyone?

    ReplyDelete