Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kate & Will's Kiss . . .

A few weeks ago, when I visited Niagara On The Lake, I visited my favorite shop--The Scottish Loft.  There they stock all things Scottish (and a bunch of them say "If it isn't Scottish, it's CRAP!").  I stocked up on English candy (love those travel sweets) and one more thing.

Kiss mug.sm

I have quite a collection of Royal Family memorabilia.  This was just my latest addition.  I had been hoping to find one in bone china but this was it.  (I did see a William and Kate cake plate, but it was something like a hundred bucks, and it only had writing, no picture, so I passed it by.)


Here's my entire Will and Kate collection to date:

2 royal mugs.sm

What have you added lately to one of your collections?
.

4 comments:

  1. I seem to be at a different place these days - I've starting uncollecting. Slowly breaking down and parting with all the various collections I've gathered over the years, getting rid of my accumulated "stuff". Some are hard to let go of but overall it's been quite liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm uncollecting too. We are both in our 70s and I know we'll move into a smaller place sooner rather than later so I've started getting rid of "stuff" and decluttering the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the new Hallmark bird series ornaments. Nice to know the original cardinal is worth lots more than I paid for it even if I didn't keep the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sad to give up my Ebay collector habit of Staffordshire English blue and white china and vintage jewelry. Lets face it, that was a little much for these economic times. And one just runs out of room eventually. But happily I found a new collection dear to my heart, Cozy books by my favorite authors!!! I have a local used bookstore that buys them back at 3/4 cover price and helps feed my addiction for more books. My friends and I share them as we buy them and selling them back helps the bookseller and our community. Being a speed reader I have to have a constant supply of books so this is collecting yes but I am moving them along as soon as I am done.

    ReplyDelete