Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My cover artist

I love the covers I get for the Booktown Mysteries.  They're done by an artist named Teresa Fasolino and they're wonderful.  I can't decide which one I like the best.  So far it's between Bookplate Special and Sentenced to Death.  I just love the detail she puts into her work.

Bookplate_Special.sm2

SentencedToDeath.sm
So I shouldn't have been surprised to find out that she does paintings for stamps, too.
Herb-stamps
Aren't they pretty?

So, which of the Booktown covers is your favorite and why?
.

6 comments:

  1. I like Murder is Binding and Sentenced to Death but then I like Bookmarked for death and Chapter and Hearse to because of the cat. Actually I like all of them and her stamps are beautiful. Can we purchase them at the post office?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue. Yes--the herbal stamps are available now. I bought about 2500 of them to send out the postcards for Sentenced to Death. (They're 29 cents.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Murder is Binding as well, but they are all so beautiful it is hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite (for now) is the Bookplate Special because it's so warm and glowing. Just ppuuuullllsss me into the cafe (esp. if the weather is chilly outside). It just radiates good food and comfort.

    Not that I don't like Sentenced to Death! Miss Marple is more of a presence, there's yummy books to explore, and I LOVE the Village Green (even with a chunk out of the Bandstand!). Oh, and I can't forget the wonderful white ball of doggy fluff! (For a wonder, neither doggy or kitty are chasing each other.)

    Guess you'll just have to beg and coerce to keep Teresa Fasolino as your cover artist. (Man! She is GOOD!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Sentenced To Death's cover because of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all the covers are gorgeous, it is unfair to choose which one is best. But I must say, my favourite thing from all the covers is Miss Marple!

    ReplyDelete