Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Escape (not the Pina Colada song)

Is this summer EVER going to end?

I never thought I'd say that about summer.  I love summer.  But this relentless heat . . . the mother-in-law crisis which seems to get better only to escalate again.  The book deadline that gets nearer and nearer . . .

Canadian train poster Ya know what?  I wanna run away from home.

I wanna pack a suitcase, jump on a train and go somewhere.  Maybe the Canadian Rockies.  (I don't think I can go there directly from my city, but this is fantasy anyway, right?)

I want to eat gourmet meals in a fancy dining car while the tracks below me go clickity-clack. I want to see inspiring vistas and pink and purple sunsets.

And I want to laze back in a seat and READ for PLEASURE for hours and hours on end.

Anybody want to join me?

12 comments:

  1. Let's go girl! This drought and heat here are awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm packing my bag as I type...in goes Crafty Killing, my kindle loaded with more Barrett/Bartlett books....well you get the idea. I'd be up for going anywhere cold this summer. I think I've gotten to stay home and do NOTHING maybe 3 days this summer and now school will be starting in a week and a half....maybe then I'll get to take a break. Stay cool all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let someone else take care of everything while I sip a refreshing drink and read or watch the scenery? I am sooo there for that. Let's go - NOW! (Of course, reality sucks, so I'm still here dealing with things, but taking a "dream break" occasionally is nice - sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo there!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I come from a railroad family and I've been wanting to take a train through the Northwest U.S. forever. Is there room for me too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody climb aboard. There's plenty of room, plenty of great food, plenty of wine and spirits, and plenty of gorgeous scenery! (And a well-stocked library, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good to me! When can we leave?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you. I want this summer over with. What I really want is this heat and awful humidity to stop. I want temps in the low to mid 70s with a nice breeze, no stickiness and down to about 50 over night so my quilt feels good.
    Is this too much to ask? and by the way....can we leave now???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, oh, man! I'm for it! I'll grab my bag & my Nook & I'm off. I'll even -- gulp! -- take the train as far as Alaska. I'll just pack my mosquito & bear repellent (both also needed here in NJ!) and that should do it.

    ALLLLLLL AAAABOARRRRRDDDD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete