Friday, September 2, 2011

Taking a Day Off

Tuesday I took the day off.  Believe me, after the summer I've had, I needed a day off.

Mr. L and I drove across the border to Niagara-on-the-Lake, a lovely little town on the Niagara River.  While my fictional village of Stoneham, NH doesn't look much like NOTL, I wish it did. (And I'm coaxing it, I'm coaxing it.)  By the way, if you click on the pictures, you should see bigger versions of them.

Median.sm
Our first stop, the Prince of Wales Hotel for afternoon tea.

Prince of Wales Hotel.sm
The tea room was gorgeous.  We could have sat at the outer edge to watch the people on the sidewalk go past, but chose instead to sit "inside" and enjoy the lovely tea room itself.

Tea room.sm

The tea came out first.  Isn't this lovely china?

Teacup 2.sm

And next came the most delicious and fattening food . . .

Food 3.sm
After lunch, we walked around the town and just took in the lovely homes and other sights.

Yellow house.sm
I think Mr. Horsey would have preferred to be standing in a meadow in the shade instead of pulling tourists on a hot day.

Horse and carriage.sm
All in all, it was the perfect day.

Have you had a perfect day lately?
 .

5 comments:

  1. No perfect days lately like yours, but we survived Irene w/no structure damage and no flooding and our power stayed on (knock on wood!). Lately, THAT is a perfect day! :-)

    BTW, your pictures are terrific! And the tea ... and china ... and ambiance -- MARVELOUS! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your perfect day. What kind of tea did you have?

    Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just orange pekoe. It tasted fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserved a perfect day. Now get back to work!!! LOL Just kidding. Glad you enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've had a perfect day but Wednesday was pretty close. My "sweetie" got discharged from his neurologist, we went on a picnic and I found out that my rent won't get raised for quite a while. All in all that was a good day for us and the weather wasn't bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a perfect day this last Monday. I gave myself a day in Pacific Grove California. I walked on the beauitful coastline I love, ate lunch at a favorite cafe and bought a little jewelry at favorite jewelry store. I watched our California Otters play in the surf and saw whales off shore. Pacific Grove is not far from my home so I am blessed to be able to enjoy the area whenever I can have a day to myself or with a good friend. They also have a great used bookstore that makes the day delicious with finding that perfect cozy read.

    ReplyDelete