Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My weapon of choice . . .

No sooner have I turned in one book (yesterday), when it's time to start the next.

Right now, I only know what several of the subplots will be. (That's because I'm writing an arc for the characters that won't be finalized until at least book #9.)

Still, I need to turn in a synopsis this week.  YIKES!

As of now I don't know who is killed, with what, or why.  Some day that will all be clear, but in the meantime . . .

Over the summer I purchased an old telephone similar to the one I describe in the Booktown Mysteries.  You may remember that I blogged about it back in August. (And you can read about it here.)
  Black Beauty Phone
A couple of weeks ago, I went to a big community sale and found the following solid brass letter openers.  I knew I had to have them, and I knew one of them would eventually find its way into one of my books (and one of my characters).

2 brass letteropeners

Now the problem is ... which one do I use for this next book?

Anybody got any strong feelings one way or another?
.

4 comments:

  1. I think the letter opener with the heart should be the murder weapon and the call to 911 made on the old telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like, Barbara! I, too, am leaning toward the letter opener as the murder weapon, esp. if the killer is female. I can see a woman stabbing out with a letter opener easier than I can see her beating someone to death with a phone. I sure can't see someone PLANNING to kill someone else by beating them with a phone. Ick. For that matter, it's a tad difficult to see someone deciding in advance to kill another person with a letter opener with a heart on it unless that particular weapon had some deep meaning to the killer. Huh! THAT could be quite a twist -- a murder plot that DEPENDED upon the weapon being a heart-topped letter opener.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do with THIS book!! Go! Write!! ::grin::

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the letter opener too...the heart at the top can be so sinister to the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately the letter opener. The heart at the top just makes it special.

    ReplyDelete