Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mushrooms, anyone?

You may have noticed I'm not blogging as much as I used to.  The truth is, after eight years ... I've run out of things to say. Not that I was ever the most interesting person in the world. Let's face it; I'm a writer.  I earn my keep by vicariously living fictional lives.  (And it's fun!)

But once in a while something interesting or odd crops up, and I'll blog about it.

Like my front yard.  We've had a LOT of rain here in Rha-Cha-Cha of late and for the first time since I've lived in this house (20 years) we've got a trail of mushrooms under the trees in the front yard.

Mushroom trail

Those below look big enough for brownies, gnomes, fairies, or hobbits to live under.

4 mushrooms

This guy here is trying to grow as big as a dinner plate.


Big mushroom

So, what's happening in your world?
.

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen any gnomes or faeries there? Or are they too fast and hide before you can catch them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Author Susan Branch says there are brownies living in her yard and that they help her write her (charming) books. If Susan can have brownies, I don't see why I can't. : )

    That said, I don't often visit the front yard. Almost all our windows face the back. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's why the mushrooms are in the front yard, so the faeries and gnomes and brownies and hobbits can hang out without being seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those edible? Or What do you do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't try to eat them. They're probably poisonous. The lawnmower will take care of them on Friday ... unless it rains some more and they grow back again. (Which seems likely. We seem to be having the summer that never was ... again.)

    ReplyDelete