Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'd like a bagel right now!

The long saga of my dental implants is just about over . . .

Today I was supposed to get my crowns -- but I got a call last Monday from my dentist's receptionist saying: "They're ready now and we've had a cancellation.  Wanna come in?"

You bet!

Of course, what should have taken ninety minutes blossomed into a four-hour ordeal . . . but we won't go there.  Suffice to say I CAN CHEW!!!

I had planned to celebrate by buying a bagel.  Um . . . haven't gotten around to that yet.

It still feels weird to have two teeth where for nearly 11 months there were none.  It's a bit hard to floss between them, but so far so good.

Was it worth the two surgeries, the dozens of appointments, and the thousands of  dollars?  (Let's just say Mr. L and I could have gone to England on the Queen Mary II for what this cost.)

Maybe.

Would I do it again?

Probably.  (And not drag my feet for three months making the decision.)

And how goes the chewing?

Just fine!

6 comments:

  1. You find great pictures to go with your blog post.

    Glad you got your teeth. So, what was the first thing you chewed with your new teeth?

    Have a good day.

    pps...loving BOUND BY SUGGESTION; especially the acknowledgment part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. L took me out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. So I guest the first thing I ate was chips and salsa. Yum!

    Now I don't have to fear smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your new teeth!!
    I am enjoying reading "Bookplate Special" I have learned a new term "freegan" and what it means. It is amazing that its practice or the lifestyle of being a freegan is told only in fiction! (I think.)Just my opinion. Keep writing this series. I love it.

    Congratulations for addressing the issue in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that bagel and everything else you've been missing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had dental issues my whole life, so I feel your pain, as they say. Glad you're finally at the end of the process. Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete