Monday, March 14, 2011

My Kingdom for A Cinnamon Roll!

This diet is driving me nuts. I'm dreaming about all the foods that are BAD for me.

This morning I awoke with one thing on my mind:  Cindy's Cinnamon Rolls.

You see, a new franchise just opened up at the mall down the road and . . . well, it's been at least two years (maybe three) since I had one.

But, I'll be good and NOT rush to the mall this morning.  I'll have yet another English muffin squirted with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

What're you having for breakfast this morning?

5 comments:

  1. Do you like the "I can't believe it's butter?" I always wanted to try it but if it doesn't taste like butter, I would be disappointed.

    I had fried egg whites (you can have 3 for 1 point).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it doesn't taste EXACTLY like butter, but it's not bad. I use it on English muffins, puppadums, and on baked potatoes. I also use it when making toasted cheese sandwiches for Mr. L. It's made with buttermilk, so it's got some dairy in it.

    Lots of time I eat a hard-boiled egg for breakfast--hang the yoke (it's got lots of vitamins). It's one point and I need the protein to keep Mr. Hunger away. (It's also one point.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Special K meal bar. If I nibble slowly, it will last me through two mugs of tea.

    I would have rather had peanut butter on warm toast.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always try Land of Lakes Light Butter. It has 5 grams of total fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, and 5 mg of cholesterol per serving (1 tablespoon). Regular butter has 11 grams of fat, 7 grams of saturated fat, and 30 mg of cholesterol per tablespoon. It tastes like butter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have apple cinnamon cheerios and coffee. For the past week I've been fighting a craving for a run to Tim Horton's for a Sesame bagel loaded with cream cheese, so you're not alone.
    Could you buy one and just eat half one day and half another in order to get rid of the craving?

    ReplyDelete