Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Squash seeds roasting in a hot oven

Welcome to WONDERFUL Wednesday.

Are you baking today? I think instead of baking, I'll be roasting (which is kind of the same thing as the oven is involved.) All last fall, I saved my squash seeds.

Today, I'm going to roast them. (Did I mention we've run out of happy hour snacks?) Once they thaw, I'm going to toss them on a tray with some Wegmans basting oil (OMG it's yummy) a little kosher salt, and cook them until they're done. (I have no idea how long that will take. I'll keep checking on them.) Taking them out of the fridge/freezer gives me a little more room.

I've been rummaging in the freezers and finding stuff I didn't know we had. Like bagels. Clam strips. A single chocolate-chip scone. Wayyyyy more hamburger buns than we need and no burgers. It's like a treasure hunt every time I open the door!

Are your cupboards and freezer a treasure trove you didn't realize you had?

No comments:

Post a Comment